This is one of the signature dishes in Corfu & Paxos. We all love this plate, and we have many child memories eating “Bourdeto”
The recipe is for 4 people.
- 10 to 12 scorpions cleaned of scales and offal only, leave them with their heads
- 1 big Onion chopped into small pieces with a knife
- A large soup spoon of sweet red pepper
- A pinch of hot red pepper
- 100 gr of Olive oil
- 100 grams of fresh lemon juice, from fresh-cut lemons!
In an alternative recipe we could use also tomato sauce.
How to do it
- Put the finely chopped onion in the saucepan with some oil and let it boil.
- Add the large spoonful of red sweet pepper, a pungent hot red pepper, and the rest of the olive oil.
- Continue cooking it.
- Put a large glass of water
- When it boils and is near to stick, we add the fishes and two more glasses of water until the fishes are completely covered.
- Allow boiling on a normal fire until it is almost dry from the water.
- Put the lemon juice inside.
- Wait for another minute and remove it from the fire cause it’s ready.
Hopefully you will enjoy this food as we do! Please share photographs with the result.